Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Scavanger Hunt

Happy Valentines day my wonderful friends!!!! I hope your day is filled with happiness and laughter and surprises, but most of all with LOVE!

I have a few fun things planned for my kiddos (cupid's visit is always a favorite!) and we're excited to do our traditional pizza making for dinner!

I just thought I'd stop in for a quick sec today (well for one, to wish you a happy VALENTINES day! :) ) to share a couple of the little valentines I've put together over the past week.

For little Miss's dance class valentine exchange we did these...

{source}

For the little Mr.'s pre-school friends we did packets of a Kool-aid with a tag that said, "you're a KOOL-kid Valentine!"

{source}

For the Mr. this week I've left little treat surprises around the house, in the car, in his backpack, etc...everyday-I'm pretty positive I enjoyed it more than he did. ha ha!
  • Smokehouse BBQ nuts-"I'm NUTS about you!"
  • Vitamin water Zero-"I have ZERO regrets choosing you!"
  • Sweedish Fish- "You are the best FISH in the sea for me!"
  • Mountain Dew- "Thanks for all you DEW!"
  • Beef Jerky- "Thanks for never being a JERK or giving me any BEEF, I love you!" (I know that one was a stretch, but he LOVES beef jerky so I had to throw it in and make it work!!)
  • Packs of gum- "I CHEWS you!"
  • Pack of Crush- "I don't think it's any secret now...I've got a CRUSH on you!"

{source-Lots of fun v-day ideas and free printables for a hubby at this link as well!}

Nothing super BIG, but fun all the same!

Annnnnd, I also thought I'd share a SUPER fun scavenger hunt we did for the kids last year (and we'll be doing it again tonight since it was such a hit!!).

It all started when we heard a knock at the door and found that Cupid had left us our first clue...

Clue #1: Today is about LOVE & family & friends and giving big kisses and Hugs that don't end. If you want to find the gift from yours truly, go look in the place where you watch Scooby Dooby!
*The computer


Clue #2:
Nope it's not here sorry that was tricky, but don't give up yet that'd be too picky! I'll give you another clue & try not to be mean, go look in the place where you wash your body clean.
*The Bathtub


Clue #3:
Yay you found me you're off to a great start, keep going like this and you might steal my HEART! The next clue is hiding in a place that is cold, where you put milk & cheese so it doesn't grow mold. :(
*The refrigerator

Clue #4:
Now you've got the hang of it look at you go, keep up your pace don't get too slow. You'll find you next clue playing in Cinderella's house, but you better beware of her little grey mouse!
*Kylee's play princess castle


Clue #5:
The more that you know, the closer you get, to claiming your prize, are you ready...get set! Your next clue is waiting alone in the dark, in the place you get mail, right next to the park.
*The mailbox


Clue #6:
You're almost done now just a couple more clues, keep doing what you're doing you just can't lose! This clue you'll find where Tyler sleeps at night, when mom tucks him in under blankets just right!
*Tyler's bed


Clue #7:
CUPID'S my name, LOVE is my game, if you've had fun you have ME to blame! The gift you've been seeking is awaiting your peeking at the place where we go if we want to be eating!
*Kitchen Table

They ran to the kitchen table and found their sweet Valentine treats from Cupid. Powdered donuts and strawberry milk for Tyler (his fav) and chocolate milk for Kylee (her fav). I love that tyler's cheeks are all red and his hair's all sweaty from running around.


She was thrilled that she had a prize!!!






Thumbs up Cupid!


If you can't see she has a donut in each hand and is drinking her choc milk.


After their treat they played with these plastic hearts cupid left for them as well for almost 30 min! We found that they're almost as much fun as hitting each other with pillows!


As we were cleaning up in the kitchen we heard Tyler say, "This was the BEST balentines ever!"

I hope YOU have the best "balentines" day ever today! Thank you SO SO much for stopping by today-I love you all!! :)

7 comments:

Tonii said...

Ok we are too much alike! We have visits from the Valentines Man, a scavenger hunt, and we are making heart shaped pizza tonight :) Great minds think alike! I hope you and your family have a wonderful day...they are precious!

Just Jaime said...

Cute! I love your traditions! Happy Valentine's day!

Jessica :) said...

This is such a fun Valentines tradition! I am going to start doing scavenger hunts next year (I could start this year but my 18 month old won't really get it this year and since I'm not feeling well I don't think I'm up to putting a scavenger hunt together. But maybe I should anyway - it would keep me from paying too much attention to myself!). I seriously love this tradition. I'm sure your kids will grow to love it, too. I also love the Valentines treats you did for your hubby and the ones you made for your kids' friends! So creative! I'm seriously going to remember all of this because I love every single bit of it! Happy Valentines! Enjoy your day with your valentines. :)

cnelson said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! You ALWAYS do the cutest and funnest things!!!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

LOL....I see Tonii's comments up above and just told her yesterday that I loved scavenger hunts when I was kid and seriosuly as an adult I think I would still love them....probably too much..LOL

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh I am so in love with those two! I LOVED scavenger hunts when I was little! What a SPECIAL way to celebrate with them! :o) ahhhhh! I am SO glad you shared
Jaime

Anonymous said...

I have never replied to a blog before but you need to know how wonderful this is! Great job & thanks for sharing!!